Monday, January 16, 2012

Seriously?

The second half of our stay in Kenya was for doctor appointments and re-stocking. I'm now on the right meds so my strep-throat madness is over. I can swallow again! One of the "fun" things we get to do every time is pack up everything we buy in Nairobi and get it ready for customs at the border. Yikes.


Note the lovely plastic drawers. Those would be for my clothes because the termites have attacked the wooden dresser I've been using. This has enabled lizards to get into my clothes. Nothing like finding termites and lizard poop on your tshirts!

We got home to Paringa on Saturday night with relatively few problems so thanks to those who prayed for our trip!

Today was the day we went to Kapoeta to find our language helper from the last two weeks in December. He had agreed to help us when we got back and lo and behold...he's left the country. In Kenya for school. So now we are back to square one with no language helper...again. Seriously? I could write a novel about how frustrating this whole situation has been but I will skip that (you're welcome) and just ask you all to pray even more earnestly and diligently for us as we try to learn the Toposa language to be more effective in communicating the good news of Jesus.

I leave you with this: one of the monitor lizards that the dogs caught the other day. Betcha don't have one of these in your backyard!

1 comment:

  1. No, I don't have one of those lizards in my backyard for which I'm very grateful. I do have a "pet" lizard (small version) in my house though. But he's as scared of me as I am of him.
    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete