The moment yesterday wasn't actually very high on the crazy scale compared to most things. There was a meeting that all the school children in the area needed to attend so Alyssa and I picked up the ones from the school near us and drove them to Naskal. So there we were, driving through the bush (literally, through bushes) with a truckbed full of Toposa boys chattering away and laughing when we hit an extra big bump.
Most of these boys are regulars at our story groups near the school, and many of them are now followers of Jesus. At least once a week one of them will ask to come with us to kilipai, which is the word they use for telling stories from God's Word. I really enjoy them and even though taking them to Naskal was a simple, non-crazy thing, it made me really appreciate the experiences that I get to have while living here.
He wasn't one of the boys that went with us but he was so darn cute and very proud to have his picture taken.
love it :)
ReplyDelete