Our friend Leno came to say goodbye to Alyssa before we left for Nairobi on Wednesday, and while he was sitting with us, he told us he wanted us to get paper so that he could send a message to the people of America (Alyssa) and Nairobi (me...I had told him I was coming to Nairobi to greet my friends, which is true). He said the message in Toposa, and I wrote it down in English. Most of you aren't "the people of Nairobi" but it's still a nice greeting, and one that's very Toposa. I purposely didn't make the English flow in the American way, but kept it translated word for word from what he said.
I am greeting everyone in Nairobi. This is for all the children. Hello to the mothers and fathers. Good is coming to you. I'm greeting Nairobi. Hello people. Hello dirt. Are you well? Everyone? I want everyone to come here. Hello to the women, too. Napo, Regina, Napir greet you. Najio, too, all my wives. All the wives of Leno greet you. Leno, Mindy's father, greets you. Is everyone well? When Mindy comes back she should bring something small for me, and also clothes. The end.

Mndy,
ReplyDeleteGreetings to you! And please give LIno our greetings! Tell him that we are well and that we hope that he and all his wives are well too.
We love you Mindy,
Mama Brown for all the Brown crew
How sweet!
ReplyDeleteTell them all hello for me. We are all well. God's blessing to them all! :)