The Road Not Taken
Inspired by Robert Frost
Two roads
diverged in a muddy wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And being without a wench, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it flooded in the undergrowth;
And sorry I could not travel both
And being without a wench, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it flooded in the undergrowth;
Then took the
other, as just as torn
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was clearer and had no thorns;
Though as for that the passing there
Had them looking really about the same,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was clearer and had no thorns;
Though as for that the passing there
Had them looking really about the same,
And both that afternoon equally lay
In mud no tires had trodden down
Oh, I kept the first for another day
Knowing there was waist-deep mud that way
I doubted if I should ever get to town.
I shall be
telling this with a sigh
Somewhere on blogs or Facebook hence
Two roads diverged in the bush and I
I took the one that looked most dry
And that has made all the difference.
Somewhere on blogs or Facebook hence
Two roads diverged in the bush and I
I took the one that looked most dry
And that has made all the difference.
Just beautiful! Who knew mud could be so inspiring :)
ReplyDeleteGood food for thought. I think I will be careful to look for the dry roads in my life today.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful. I had to share it with my writer daughter. Her comment, "Very nice!"
ReplyDeleteI love it. Charlotte had to memorize that poem this past spring! Maybe she should memorize your version of it as well :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Mindy,
Christi Brown