I'm leaving for Richmond next week so I'm currently packing up my Texas life for the next couple of years. It's harder than I thought! I'm a minimalist so my first instinct is to just throw everything away or give it to someone else, but what if I should keep something for two years from now? I was going to put my furniture in a storage unit but now I'm reconsidering and thinking I'm just going to get rid of everything and re-buy what I need when I get back. I could just keep a few boxes of winter clothes and some of my books and pictures.
Too bad Goodwill isn't across the street! It's a good thing Lubbock is a college town and there are plenty of university students that need furniture! I kind of feel bad that I have this much stuff to get rid of, but I'm thankful that God has blessed me with more than I've needed.
Checklist for this afternoon:
-take books to donate to library
-take bags of clothes to Goodwill collection spot
-box up books to keep
Sigh. 100+ degree weather is so de-motivating!
No comments:
Post a Comment