Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mindy and Lindy go to DC! (With Melanie and Dorothy)

So, it's fun sharing most of my name with Lindy. We are both going to Sub-Saharan Africa so it's extra fun when we can introduce ourselves together. Mindy and Lindy. Done.

My friend Kate lives in Washington, D.C. so I drove up there with Lindy, Melanie and Dorothy on our free day yesterday. Our schedule is packed from 8-5 during the week but we have weekends free for the most part. D.C. is only 2 hours away so we plan on enjoying it as many Saturdays as we can. Apparently most student groups also plan on enjoying D.C. in the summer because everything was packed. Or maybe it's always like that. Either way, there were a lot of groups of kids and a lot of adults with visors and fanny packs.

After Kate moved to D.C. we unintentionally started a tradition of visiting each other in the summers and in January so this trip worked out just great. Good pizza, laughing about random memories from college (and after) and making jokes about what my life will be like in South Sudan compared to how it was in Lubbock. I really value my friendship with her. We're serious when we need to be, and I always have a good time.

After lunch I met back up with the other three girls and we went to the Holocaust Museum and walked to the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial. Two miles seems so short on a GPS...and so much longer when it's 100 degrees outside.





















Thank you to those who have been praying for me. I have only been at training for a week but I have already become much more aware of how powerful prayer can be and what a difference it makes in my attitude and my level of encouragement throughout the day when people at home are praying. If you would like to be on my "official" prayer update list then shoot me an email/text/FB message!

No comments:

Post a Comment