I didn't kill anything this week so don't worry, no bloody chicken pictures this time! We actually had a pretty tame week last week. I guess anything is tame after chicken killing, security training, earthquakes and hurricanes all right in a row!
Last week was affinity week here at training, which basically means that instead of ALL of us being together, we did more specific sessions within our affinity group. Our group of 27 going to Sub-Saharan Africa is great, and I enjoy spending time with everyone. A lot of what our group focused on this week was spiritual warfare and the importance of prayer while working among people groups entrenched in spirit worship and demon possession. The topics were heavy, sometimes a little scary and overwhelming, but it is a good reminder of why I am going and how Jesus is more powerful than anything I might be faced with.
If you are reading this blog and know Jesus, would you commit to pray for me? Prayer is how you can be a part of what God is doing in South Sudan and I will do my best to use this blog as a way to update you on specific things to pray for. Maybe God will use those times while you pray for me to show you how you can be even more involved in sharing the good news of Jesus with people who don't know Him.
I have exactly 9 more days until I drive back to Texas. Whoa. I'll leave Virginia on the 21st, spend some time in Dallas and Lubbock, then leave on October 5th and fly from Dallas to Nairobi, Kenya. After a week or so in Nairobi to stock up on supplies and recover from jet-lag I will fly to South Sudan...yessss!
Please pray for:
-smooth travel. I have ridiculous luck with flights being delayed/cancelled and I'm having a minor panic attack when I think about how important it is that I make my layover in London on time and that all my bags actually get to Kenya with me.
-good goodbyes. I'm blessed with great friends and an awesome supportive family so it will be hard to say goodbye so many times in just a few days.
i am praying with you!!!!! i am calendaring all these things right now. :) love love love!
ReplyDeleteHey girl! It is hard to believe this orientation process is coming to an end for you. I hope you soak in each moment in your last days there. I'm praying for you. Will continue to, you can count on it.
ReplyDelete