Monday, September 26, 2011

Anyone want to pack all my stuff for me??

This last week and a half has flown by and I have a feeling that the next week and a half are going to go by even faster! We wrapped up our training time in Virginia with a really nice commissioning service. I appreciated the send-off celebration more than I thought I would! A lot of people had their families there and it felt a little bit like graduation. I've been out of college for a few years but I still love it when parents come in town and take everyone out to dinner!

Next came the Great Road Trip of 2011. I got to see a bunch of people on my way from Virginia to Texas so it broke up the 1500 miles of boredom. Thomas and Leslie are some of my favorite people ever and I'm pretty sure their son Judah is the cutest 15 month old I know. I got to see several other people that went to Senegal this past summer, plus Nathan and Lauren who are two of my really good friends from college.

After 2.5 days of driving I got to Dallas and have been spending as much money as possible at Target/Wal-Mart/everywhere getting stuff that I'll need before I leave next week. My bedroom currently looks like a tornado went through it since I'm not at the packing stage yet. I'm still in "accumulation mode" and I'm just praying that I can get really good at playing tetris as I try to put all of this stuff into a minimal amount of suitcases.

For those of you who are praying for my travel and logistics, the current schedule you can pray about is:
Tuesday-Saturday: Lubbock
Saturday-Wednesday: Dallas
Wednesday, October 5th at 6:05pm: fly from Dallas to Nairobi, Kenya

Thank you for praying for me. It's very humbling to have so many people (some who I have never even met) committed to praying for me, for my team, and for the Toposa people.

3 comments:

  1. It was fun hanging out again! Hope to see you again soon on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome mindy! LOVE IT!!!! i'm going to visit you. or sneak into one of my bags. no seriously, i am.

    ReplyDelete