Friday, October 7, 2011

In Kenya

I'm here!

I got to Nairobi, Kenya with zero problems. No flight problems, short lines, and good food. God really blessed my travel because I was slightly terrified nervous about missing my connection in London or having to deal with the hassle of missing baggage.

Nairobi is home for the next week and I'm spending most of the time stocking up on supplies and recovering from jet lag before leaving for Sudan. I had a homemade pizza dinner with a family here in Nairobi and I'm currently trying to sort through what I've got and what I still need to buy at the stores here. My FPO friends Ester and Emily live here so it's really nice to already know people!

Fun facts about Nairobi (from now on referred to as NBO, the airport code)
- Gmail's default language switches to Swahili. After a few wrong attempts, I figured out how to change it to English.
- There is an Apple store, and a KFC. I have a feeling that I will like KFC a lot more after a few months in Sudan!
- People drive on the left. This means I will not choose to drive unless absolutely necessary. No need in risking that many lives this early in the game.

1 comment:

  1. I can drive you... but that mean even more lives risked.

    ReplyDelete