While I was in Lubbock I got to see some of my former co-workers. I really miss these ladies and they sure made work a lot more fun!
I'm trying to cram in all my "favorites" during my last few days in the US. The State Fair of Texas opened in Dallas this weekend and I made sure I got to go! My mom and I both love the fair and I made Melody, one of my best friends from college, go with us. Yes, I am a dietitian and eat pretty healthy 99% of the time...but when it comes to deep-fried fair food I feel like you need to go hard or go home. So we went hard.
First up, deep fried bubblegum. It's actually a bubblegum-flavored marshmallow that's battered and deep-fried, then squirted with blue frosting. I think the little colored pieces are bubble gum pieces. You can judge for yourself whether or not you think this was an enjoyable experience.
It was sick.
Me and Melody. Love her.
Mom, me and Big Tex.
Next up was deep fried salsa. The best we could figure out it was salsa inside a cornmeal ball that was rolled in crushed tortilla chips. It was really good! WAY better than the bubblegum.
The deep-fried pop-tart was my favorite. Normally I don't even like pop-tarts that much but let's be serious, this thing was awesome.
Fabulous food (except for the bubblegum thing), fabulous girls, fabulous day!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to go to the fair and trying the fried salsa and pop tart. Thanks for trying the bubble gum, now I don't have to experience it.
ReplyDelete