Monday, August 8, 2011

Is this real life?

Hopefully all of you got the "David goes to the dentist" reference from the title of the post. If not, YouTube it.

I'm currently in a "how to homeschool on the mission field" workshop. This is the LAST place I ever thought I'd be. Therefore, I'm trying to negate the fact that I'm here by blogging :)

This whole training thing was supposed to help me feel more prepared and if it's possible, I feel like I'm less prepared than when I got here! I should rephrase that. I'm just more aware of how much I don't know and how much I have left to learn. We've been going over doctrine, prayer, legal issues, anthropology, and currently...homeschooling. Some sessions are interesting, some are not, but it's encouraging to see how information is starting to come together and I'm catching a glimpse of the "big picture."

So I am horrible at crafts. I hate crafts. One time I tried to make an origami frog and ended up with a wad of green paper that went into the trash can. BUT I have taken up sewing! There are some very patient women who volunteer their time to teach us how to sew and quilt so I'm trying to broaden my creative horizons by doing something with my hands. Not only am I a missionary, but now I'm homeschooling and sewing? Uh oh..

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you inherited some of your mom's talents in the sewing category (whether you wanted to or not) because this is a lovely bag! You will enjoy it, I'm sure.
    On the homeschooling front...You'll do great! Never a doubt in my mind.
    I'm praying for you and make sure I'm on your list! Love you, Mindy
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last sentence further confirms that God has the biggest sense of humor ever! It has made my day. (And your bag looks fantastic.)

    ReplyDelete