One of the things that I really enjoy doing is working out. I'm not obsessed, but I do feel like exercise is a good stress reliever for me, plus I just feel better when I'm active. My access to the gym ended when I came to training, but there are plenty of things to do for exercise at FPO. I'm used to using cardio machines with TVs attached, and weight rooms with matts, free weights, and machines. Now it's a really new combination of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs (that girl is no joke!) and running.
A few times in my life I've been able to get over the 3-mile hump but it's been like 4 years since that happened. I've dabbled, but I think I get bored too easily. For whatever reason I actually really like running here. I've gone from flat/dry to hilly/humid, which would normally trap me indoors. I hate humidity. And that is not an understatement. Anyways, most of the girls in my house go running every night at 9pm. Our off day is Friday because who wants to spend Friday night running, and then usually everybody picks their other lazy day to not go, but overall everyone has been pretty committed. Running is more fun when there are 4 or 5 of you sweating to death instead of just you!
Tonight I'm back up to running 3 miles straight. Not super impressive, but more than I've done in a long time. I'm guessing I won't be doing a ton of running (for fun anyway) in South Sudan so I'm going to enjoy this while I can!
I love the "for fun anyway"... Hahaha.
ReplyDelete