Friday, August 12, 2011

Shot Day

Everyone at training (close to 200 of us) goes through three rounds of vaccinations before moving overseas. Today was the first of those three days and it was actually more enjoyable than I was thinking it would be. Misery really does love company...and fun Snoopy bandaids. Some only had to get one shot and one poor girl had to get six! I was right in the middle and am now well on my way to being invincible against rabies, polio and hepatitis A.

One of the things that our Sub-Saharan Africa group has to do while we are here is cook a meal from scratch. We made a feast last night! There are 32 adults in our group, plus 18 children...which equals a LOT of food. It's amazing what a potlock will bring out in a bunch of Baptist people. I love the family feel that our affinity has. As much as I hope to communicate with friends from home I know that there are some things that will happen on the field that only my affinity family will understand. I'm thankful for the wide variety of ages, experiences and personalities that make up our group and I am double thankful when there is a buffet of homemade food involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment