AND...I am on gift overload because not only did I get the rest of my own stuff (I only brought one suitcase with me to South Sudan and the rest of my bags stayed in Nairobi due to cargo restrictions on my flight) but I got a whole action packer full of American things from Cody, my mom, and Alyssa's family. I am normally not a gift person, but being so far away from anything remotely familiar has brought me to the point of almost crying when I opened an entire action packer full of cereal, coffee flavoring, seasoning packets, dried fruit, etc. Nothing special to anyone else, but it was a whole box of people caring enough to send me something. A whole box of thinking about what I might want. A whole box of remembering the things I like for breakfast and what kind of shampoo I use. A whole box of being thankful for things that I've never thought twice about before now. So wonderful.
I was going to take pictures but my camera is broken. Boo. But since all the best blog posts have pictures I will leave you with the last pictures I took when my camera was still alive. We have the five cutest puppies you have ever seen. South African boerboel-Rhodesian ridgeback-rottweiler mix.
Pumpkin for a snack!
Haha, milk mustache!
No comments:
Post a Comment