We stayed the night with three girls who are doing their two-year Journeyman term here in Nairobi. I know Emily and Ester from FPO and Alyssa was friends with the other Emily so it was wonderful how we each got to see friends! Alyssa and I will head to Uganda tomorrow and our plan is to go to Jinja to raft the Nile on Wednesday and go quad-biking on Thursday before the prayer retreat starts. This kind of thing is right up my alley and I am SO excited!
Java House for dinner on Sunday night.
Alyssa and Emily
Me and Ester
KFC is the only American chain in Nairobi and it just opened a couple of months ago. Notice the African "tomato sauce" replacement for ketchup. NOT the same thing.
Ohhh, rafting the Nile! Cool! So happy for you to have some fun in Nairobi and to see smiling Mindy!
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing. Why do we keep getting so frustrated as our original plans get thwarted, when God repeatedly shows us that He has it figured out way better than we do? Including bonuses we didn't even imagine! I'm going to try to keep that in mind...Love you!
ReplyDeletei hope you have an amazing and refreshing time my friend! :)
ReplyDelete