Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving AND Christmas in Uganda

The first day of our meeting was our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I will miss our huge family Thanksgiving get together that we have in Dallas every year. This year I celebrated with my Africa family instead!

 Hello.

 The kids put on a skit with the narration of the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke. I think I've become like an aunt to the Lewis kids because I kept trying to take pictures of the boys and I definitely think they did the best job. Davis was Joseph.


 Walker was the hotel manager who had "no room for Mary and Joseph in the inn"



 That night we had a white elephant gift exchange with about 50 people!


 My gift. Coffee and chocolate, perfect!

 Alyssa got coffee and THIRTEEN packets of gravy mix. HA!

Even though I won't be able to do my usual holiday traditions with my Dallas family, it is nice to know that I have a new family here in Africa! Alyssa and I are trying to come up with fun Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions that we could do for the next two years. Got any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment