Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rafting the NILE!

Yep, that's right. I got to raft the Nile last week! SO cool!

We went to Uganda for a regional prayer retreat with other people from our company that live in various places in East Africa. It was a great week because not only did we get to go to the retreat but we got to do so many extra things as well! God is good and definitely knows how to bless me with good friends that I get to see all over the world. Alyssa and I stayed in Kampala the first night with our friend Carolyn, then went to Jinja for rafting and the prayer retreat, then back to Kampala to stay with Carolyn a few more nights.

First up, a visit with my aunt Janet and uncle Steve! They were in Kampala the week before I got there and were leaving the night I got there. I got to spend four hours with them, which was wonderful. Thank you both for encouraging me and praying for me. And shout out to my cousins Will and Cara--thanks for the magazine and chocolate!

 My favorite British aunt and uncle

 We had to get up REALLY early to ride the bus from Kampala to Jinja to go rafting. Can you tell we're excited?!

 WC stands for water closet aka bathrooms. HA! How great is this?!

 You know you're getting too close with someone when you accidentally bring the same outfit from South Sudan to raft in. Three people asked us if we were twins...what? Clearly not. If you look closely you can see the Nile river behind us. We spent about 4 hours rafting and the minute we finished it started raining! Rafting was great--the perfect mix of fun and terrifying when the rapids made our raft flip. 

 We spent the night at a hostel in Jinja. We were a liiiiiitle cramped, as you can see. Also sunburned, but it was for a good cause :)

This was down the street from where we stayed. What's wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment